The monthly event for February was a workshop about non-monogamy, that belongs to the topic of healthy relationships. We will discuss why some people choose these many subtypes that fall under the umbrella term open-relationships, why it's for some but not for all, and debunk some myths in the process. !
The term non-monogamy is a umbrella term for several subtypes of relationships.
We started the workshops by introducing ourselves and why we each came. The answers ranging from simple curiosity, meeting others in the community that are in open relationships, to considering opening a relationship and wanting to know more about it.
The workshop itself was made up of 5 main points
- The introductions and icebreaker.
- The overview of non-monogamous relationships, opening the space for exploring the wide range of relationships that exist within this large umbrella term.
- Ethics and consent, where rules and limits were brought into question when wanting something to be open.
- Non-monogamy and society, how many couples will be open about their well open relationships to friends and family. Does society limit how far one can stray from the traditional relationship model, and how realistic is it to be open in Romania.
- Conclusion and open discussion.